Wednesday, June 26, 2013

French Angora Kits at Last!

We got our first French Angora litter today that we've had in quite a while here at Blossom Acres Rabbitry.  Lily of the Valley kindled today and had 7 beautiful little REW babies. All the babies look so healthy and chubby.  I can't wait to watch these kits grow as they should be some very nice show prospects!




As a side note, I palpated Freezing Rain (smoke pearl FA doe) and Vanilla Bean (black Satin doe) today and both palpated positive!   The two of them are due July 16th.  I am so excited about both of these litters and the pairings were very nice so I am expecting some amazing babies!  I am hoping to get some of these on the show table so I can hopefully begin and continue showing once again.  Vanilla Bean was paired with a black buck so I should get blacks and broken blacks, while Freezing Rain was paired with a REW so I am guaranteed sable and REW.  Since I do not know what color Moonbeam is underneath other colors are certainly possible but the two I mentioned are the only ones that are guaranteed. 

I am going to most likely be breeding my last French Angora doe, Tangerine, sometime late July or in August.  And then the cycle begins again!  I am looking forward to all these babies but sure am not looking forward to going through a lot of food again!  Guess it comes with the package...

Please stay tuned as I will be updating frequently with pictures and info as the babies develop!

No comments:

Post a Comment