Thursday, July 12, 2012

In the Rabbitry

Well, I have just sold the last of my French Angora juniors that I had for sale.  They all went to wonderful homes.  It will be quite a while until I have more French Angoras for sale.  I do have around 12 head now so I am planning on cutting back some of my stock and replace some of my seniors with my up and coming juniors.  Here is a sneak peek at what I will have available for sale:

1 Sr. Blue Proven French Angora Buck
1 Sr. Proven Ruby Eyed White French Angora Doe
1 Sr. Proven Red/Orange Doe (will be for sale as wooler)

I will have some very nice prejunior New Zealands available for purchase as well.  I have 2 litters of babies right now.  My partially pedigreed litter will be for sale at 10 weeks, and my fully pedigreed, younger litter will be for sale at 8 weeks.  All of our does are spoken for but we will hae plenty of nice, purebred bucks available for purchase.  I wil also be selling 2 of my proven seniors for sale soon.  I have babies out of them and I am trying to move into pedigreed stock so I will be letting them go.  I will have 1 unpedigreed proven purebred New Zealand White doe and one fully pedigreed proven, purebred New Zealand White buck.  So, if they are something you might be interested in, please send me an email and ask to go on my waiting list OR  you could just wait until they are for sale. 

We have a bunch of Lionhead does bred right now, so we are expecting quite a few babies.  We are also expecting French Angora babies and will be breeding our New Zealands and Satins this end of July-August.  We are very excited about the Satins, as they will be our first Satin litters! 

As for current sale rabbits- all we have left is Spot, a broken black Satin doe.  She is a nice tempered girl.  I am selling her as a pet for $15.  If anyone is interested in her please call or email me. 

We just ordered a bunch more cages.  Unfortunately, these cages are for the rabbits that we had retained, so there isn't much expansion going on.  This just gave us the flexibilty to move rabbits around and give them more room.  I am not sure I wold really want to expand- I would like around 4 New Zealands and maybe 5 Satins, but that is in addition to my 12 or so French Angoras.  Feed isn't cheap, either.  I am also going to be going to college soon so I am not about to double the size of my herd.  I am hoping to be able to keep the vast majority of my stock during this time.  If I had too, I would be willing to part with my Satins, but even that would be hard.  Time will tell. 

I guess that wraps up everything! 

(517) 589-5888
finnishfiberfarm@gmail.com
http://blossomacresrabbitry.webs.com

No comments:

Post a Comment