Friday, January 31, 2014

Meet Gladys


Last weekend I obtained a gorgeous New Zealand White doe at the State 4H Rabbit and Cavy Show.  As I mentioned in the previous post, I had gotten out of New Zealands due to my tight school schedule.  After giving it some thought I realized how much I have grown to love the breed and made the decision to become involved in them yet again.  Since I want to be able to juggle my college schedule with the rabbits I am going to attempt to stick to a breeding pair.  Of course, we all know how easy it is to stay small especially when your nestbox is filled with show prospects but in the meantime I am going to attempt to. 



So, this resulted in acquiring my beautiful doe, whom I named Gladys.  Gladys is very nicely typed doe with a wide set, deep body and built like a brick.  Her full sibling received Best Opposite 6 Class at the show so between this and her promising lineage I have great hopes for her. 

I do not currently have a purebred buck to breed her to so I have held back on breeding her.  I plan on attending the state convention and hopefully will be bringing home a nice buck to compliment her.  My plans are to breed her and my French Angora doe Galaxy on the same day beginning of May and hopefully both will take and kindle for me.  Both girls will be first timers but considering the two come from nice maternal lineage I have hopes that the girls will be excellent mothers. 

Once I acquire my New Zealand buck I will be posting her and her mate on the website but for now I am limiting her to the blog.  Please continue visiting our website and blog to see the progress of the rabbits!  I will keep everyone updated! 

No comments:

Post a Comment