Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Breeding my French Angoras Soon - Finally!

I have been extremely busy with college but will be happy for the most part because the semester is almost over.  Once winter break comes around, I will be back to breeding and showing my rabbits!  I really miss having the time to take a Saturday and show my rabbits, never mind all the promising babies that I so much enjoy watching grow up.  It has been very hard for me to keep up with my rabbits.  I have made some cutbacks and have gotten a lot of additional assistance and help when needed from my sister (thanks Julia!), who has helped make it possible to keep my rabbits.  I have already decided that if I have to I will let my Satins and New Zealands go, but my French Angoras will not be leaving.  They especially have been worked on for quite a while by me and I have some amazing stock to show for it.  My rabbits make more wool than their parents and have been doing so well at shows.  I of course have not been breeding because I want to be available as they grow up so I can better evaluate them.

Luckily, I will be breeding extremely shortly with the hopes of having some potential juniors for the MSRBA Spring Convention in March.  I am thinking Thanksgiving break or roughly around then I will get two of my French does bred, and because it is a 31 day gestation period, I will be out of school before they kindle.  Talk about planning!  It couldn't be more convenient!

My sister Barb has been actively working on her Lionheads especially.  She has some amazing juniors right now.  She has really gotten far in her breeding program.  Once you know what you are looking for you can tell what each rabbit has and doesn't have, which makes it easier to cull out.  Right now she has some amazing chocolates with the beautiful short body and fairly big manes, which is fairly unusual for a chocolate.  She also has some stunner sable points that have the mane and body to win.  Hopefully she will be able to take some of these rabbits to the fall convention.

We did recently add a colors album and a cute pictures album to our website so please check it out and let us know what you think!

I will keep everyone updated!  Please check out the website, as we are still consistently updating it!

Our website

No comments:

Post a Comment