Saturday, September 15, 2012

New Zealand Herd Reduction & Rabbitry Updates

I have been very busy lately in terms of school.  I am now in college so sometimes I cannot get to my website right away, but I still update very frequently.  I am still planning on actively breeding all my rabbits and offering show stock for sale regularly. 

We attended the GLR&C Shows A & B in Charlotte on the 25th of August.  We did very well at this show, taking multiple Best of Breed and Best Opposite Sex in the breeds we exhibited.  I will give a thorough report on what we had won very soon.  I can tell you that Blossom Acres' White Out received Best of Breed French Angora and now has 2 GC Legs in addition to her first leg as a junior! 

Right now I am reducing my herd of New Zealand Whites.  I am trying to bring in new blood and also work more with fully pedigreed stock.  I am also considering getting a breeding pair of New Zealand Reds so I will need the cage space anyway.  The following rabbits are for sale:

Blossom Acres' North Pole - Jr. partially pedigree white buck.  Showable.  $20 with pedigree -SOLD

Junior Breeding Pair - Blossom Acres' Bobby and Blossom Acres' Tundra Queen.  Fully pedigreed buck and partially pedigreed doe.  $40 for the pair - SOLD

Blue Ribbon's Baby Boy - Sr. Proven White Buck, born April 2011.  Sired several litters for me.  Good breeder.  $50 with pedigree and production records - SOLD*

Tracey - Sr. Proven White Brood Doe, born November 2010.  Excellent mother of several litters.  $30 with production records - no pedigree*

*Please note:  I will offer these two as a breeding pair for $75. 

I am considering selling out of my Satins.  I love the breed, but I am having a hard time getting my does bred. I also feel like I need to do some downsizing because of school.  I am not setting this descision in stone, but I want everyone to know who is reading my blog that this is a possibility, so keep checking. 

We recently got into Netherland Dwarfs - well, more accurately my sister did.  She has oranges, a broken orange, and a chocolate otter, so she should have a very nice selection of babies for sale. 

We have alot of new and upcoming babies in our various breeds! 

I will update everyone on show winnings soon, as well as some new baby and breeding stock pics!   For a listing of winnings please visit our website's homepage:  http://www.blossomacresrabbitry.webs.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment