Friday, December 12, 2014

A Peek at my New French Angora Additions



Finals have finished for the semester which means more time to pursue my extracurricular activities (and spend at work).  I am hoping to begin some more of my spinning, clean up the rabbitry, finish some work in progress knitting and crochet projects, and spend more time with my rabbits.  

I was super happy with the quality of the offspring in my latest French Angora litters.  I am loving the bodies and wool quality on the babies.  They are looking very promising so I hope they will do well for me on the show table.  

I saved two boys in one litter and a doe in the other.  The blue buck is Campanula, out of my blue buck Blossom Acres’ Forget-Me-Not and Jellybean Farm’s Mouse, a chestnut.  His brother, Living Legacy, a chestnut, is also being kept for my breeding program.  Both boys have shown a lot of promise and have great wool and nice deep wide-set bodies so they should do well for me. 



Midnight Mystique is a beautiful broken black doe out of Forget-Me-Not and Spinning Hill’s Butterflyweed.  She is super nice and has a really dense coat.  I can’t wait to get these babies on the show table and watching them mature into young seniors.  



Right now I have some siblings of these for sale on my website, www.blossomacresrabbitry.webs.com.  I am also expecting a litter of French Angoras soon (completely unrelated) so please stop by the website for the latest feed.  We also have Lionheads for sale and more litters arriving frequently.  

No comments:

Post a Comment